July 11, 2007

Conclusion of "Spinning and knitting project"


This project was started in June and finished in July.

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the spinning process of the wool. The rovings where spun to a chunky weight and 2 singles were plyed. The skullcap knit up fast. I added some purple and dark green homespun to give it a bit of contrast.

The final stage was to check the fit when it was finished. Ironically, M. came for a visit on July 2nd, the hottest day of the year. The toque fit perfect but it didn't stay on his head long ( Note the Canada Day Maple leaf tatoo decals on cheeks, he had just returned from a July 1st celebration).


No comments: