June 13, 2008

Rainy days - Time for knitting

There's been lots of time for inside things during the rain over the last week. Finally, I've started some folk mittens. This particular pattern is in the Spring/Summer 2008 Vogue Knitting magazine - Latvian Mittens from Vidzeme. Pattern by Lizbeth Upitis. It is my first attempt at this and the instructions must be well written, I have been able to follow them with no trouble. The black wool is from my black ewe "Sweet Heart" and of course the white and colored yarns are also from my ewes. All these yarns , I had spun at our local eco-friendly mill.



This morning is sunny! The rain clouds have blown away and left a clean, green world behind them. Here's a photo of three little kittens (who lost their mittens), sitting outside on the window sill to catch the morning sun! There's one of the sheep guard dogs in the background having a little nap too!

4 comments:

abehap said...

val your latvian mittens are looking great! cant wait to see them when your finished.

Jody said...

Those mittens are beautiful Val! I found I had to use closer to a sportweight yarn to get a decent guage on those mittens. It is great to see someone using their own wool and even more wonderful to know I am getting that same wool! I also have the Latvian mitten book.

Yarn Devil said...

Your Mitten is lookig beautiful! Love the colours your using too!! Will be neat to see it done!!!

Charlene said...

Val, you're doing an awesome job on those mittens. I've been wanting to make a pair of mittens by Lizbeth for awhile now. Seeing you've started on a pair, it's inspired me now! Love the kitties!