September 19, 2008

The Shepherd and His Flock

Maeve and Mary
Spinning assignments were finished last weekend and sent off to class instructor to mark. This week brought a family loss. I'll take a blog break for awhile. But I'll end on this photo and quotes:



"I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:8-10 NIV
"I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy Wealth. There is non other God but thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting." Baha'u'llah

9 comments:

Lona said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Val. May God comfort you and give you his peace...

abehap said...

Val sorry to hear of your familys loss - my SIL's mother passed away last week she had suffered for a long time with her illness so atleast now she can rest peacefully in heaven.

Val said...

Thankyou blog readers for your kind comments.

Yarn Devil said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I love you mom....your picture made me laugh...funny little red hat :). I'm glad I checked your blog tonite.As always nice pictures posted and quotes... Aimee xoxoxo

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Val, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that these verses that you shared will truly bring comfort to your own heart! I know that God will sustain you....

Thinking of you ~ Cary

Kourtney said...

Val, I'm so sorry for you & your family's loss. I was talking briefly today with mom, & I know that spinning helped me feel a little better after we lost Hugh. I hope you have many things to comfort you & your family, thoughts are with you.

Kourtney.

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

So sorry for your loss Val, thoughts and prayers are with you. Love the picture of your sheep, they are so beautiful! Fall is coming so fast....are we ever ready for it?

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Val,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.