February 23, 2009

A Visit to the Barn


Here's some of the yearling lambs wondering what is happening in the barn.
The little ewe in the foreground is my summer bottle-fed girl called "Maeve".


What a special day, to be able to go out to the barn and skirt some fleeces. I had lots of curious cats and lambs come to visit me.
I'm still on crutches, so Farmer Bob helped get the fleece onto the skirting table.

Maeve came to the door and wondered if she could come in. No, you lambs can't come in here!



After the skirting was done and the table was bare, a couple of the cats jumped up to see if there was some wool left to curl up and take a nap on. Actually, I make little wool nests around the barn for them to use. I've never seen a mouse on the farm thanks to the cats.




8 comments:

ThreadBeaur said...

Those sheep are so cute!!!
I bet the cats love a nice warm wool bed to take a nap on!

Val said...

Yes, they love wooly beds. And I tuck wool into places all over the barn for their naptime pleasure!

Jody said...

Hi Val...in the top pic I see a darker coloured little sheep. What breed is she or he?

valli said...

im back again to leave a comment val - blogger wouldnt post my other one :( was a bit of a glitch - loving little maeve and poor kitties no warm fleece for them to snuggle into ;)glad your able to get about a bit :)

Kourtney said...

You must be so glad to get outside! Glad that you got to spend some time with the sheeps & the fleece (&, by inference, that you are mending well.)

Zette said...

It is nice to know you are up and about.
Hope you have a plesant day.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

All those cute sheep and lovley wool. Drool.

Diane T said...

You seem to be doing so well after your very serious fall. I'm not surprised you are still on crutches. I am amazed at pleased at your energy level! Those sheep are darlings! No wonder you smile! Hugs from Cousin Diane