October 4, 2009

Black Welsh Mountain Sheep update

Five month old ewe lamb Winnie (left) is almost as big as her mother Nolina.
The expression on the mothers face looks like the Mona Lisa!

The once shy ewe Chamisa (foreground left), is now trusting and curious.
More Black Welsh photos can be seen at our new website Newland Ranch

Progress continues on the weaving. I've put my hand in the photo to show the size of the yarn and design. The black yarn is singles spun from the Black Welsh Mountain Sheep.


5 comments:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Love your weaving, it is coming along great!!

Zette said...

The weaving looks so beatiful.
Well done.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Cool!

Aimee said...

Very nice, I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Kim said...

I love the weaving too, it is lovely! But.... I love the sheep critters even more! Your sheep are sweetlooking, and yes, Mona had better worry about her competition.