January 25, 2010

Digging Out from the Snow Storm



Two days of snow and driving winds have filled pens, yards and driveways with huge snow banks. During the storm, the sheep all used their shelters. They hate wind! They managed to make their way to the feeders in the morning, but had to blaze trails in chest deep snow.








I finished two pairs of work mittens in January. They're almost the same, but the pair on the right has two rows of color and on the cuff I purled one row to make a ridge on the edge. I like the thicker edge it made and it turned inside better too.

4 comments:

Lona said...

It's winter here again, too, after a brief thaw. And wouldn't you know the return of the snow brought the first lamb--tonight!

Love the mittens....

Aimee said...

Wow! That is a lot of snow! Hope you've managed to move more of it now so you can get around better! Oh, and I like the mitts! :-)

Shelby said...

I like the purled edge, it makes the mitten look finished. I bet they are really warm!! the black and white is a very "work" mitt look!! I like it!....Shelby

valli said...

Hi Val :) its been so long - and its great to catch up with all the happenings on your farm :) - summer is over here now and im not looking forward to winter - I think I need to move back to Queensland where theres sunshine all year round :)...chat to you soon, valli xx