May 6, 2010

Anniversary CONTEST "When will the first lamb be born?"

Corriedale ram "Mr. Pajama Bottoms" waits patiently for lambs.

"Hey Mom Lana - Do you recognize me? I'm one year old now" ~ Sarah

Firstly, here are a few photo and the last from my wonderful little camera. It's been laying in a snow storm for the last two days and so far, it's in critical condition with no signs of life! I went out to take photos of the pregnant ewes and set it down to help a ewe who was hobbling around with a sore hoof. I completely forgot about the camera when I ran to get medical supplies.

Recently a read a blog Chronicles of The Lazy Knitter and entered her contest to celebrate her 500th blog post. To make a long story short, I won a lovely knitting book! I enjoyed reading her blog and she has some lovely things in her Etsy store. She certainly is not a lazy knitter.
It got me thinking of things I could be celebrating with a free draw to continue her generosity. I had totally forgotten that May 1st was the second Anniversary of my Etsy store Wooly Wool Of the West. The two years have flown by so quickly. I've met and corresponded with so many great people from all over North America. A big thank you to all of you for purchasing wool, and/or reading my blog. I look forward to another year of taking care of sheep and sharing their lovely wool and stories with you.
ANNIVERSARY DRAW for PRIZES
GUESS when the first lamb will be born?
In honour of two years of being a supplier of fresh farm wool, I invite you to enter the draw. There will be 3 prizes :
  1. The first prize for the guess closest to the birth of the first lamb - 2 hand spun skeins of Merino (white) and Black Welsh fleece from my sheep (see in store). This yarn is a textured tweed just begging to be knit into a pair of mittens or slippers, is also dyeable.
  2. The second prize and third prizes will be drawn out of a hat for all who enter the contest - set of 6 cards and envelopes featuring photos of our farms animals and lovely old buildings and gardens.

  • TO ENTER, please leave me a comment on this posting.
  • Guess which day of May the first lamb will be born.
  • Include your name and email so I can reach you. Comments or emails will be NOT be posted, but will be put into the hat for the draw.
  • Draws will be made when the first lamb is born. Ties for the lucky guess will be asked a tie-breaker question!
  • Here is a clue: I put all the rams in with their ewes on the day of the winter Solstice!
Thanks for reading my blog and BONNE CHANCE / GOOD LUCK!

2 comments:

Val said...

Hi Everyone. Thank you for entering the contest! This is May 15th and still no lambs. So if you haven't entered yet, there is still time. There has been a lot of interesting guess and comments. I'm going to try and take a few photos, to show you how huge some of these girls are!

Val said...

Hi Everyone. Thank you for entering the contest! This is May 15th and still no lambs. So if you haven't entered yet, there is still time. There has been a lot of interesting guess and comments. I'm going to try and take a few photos, to show you how huge some of these girls are!